At the I/O Conference 2018, Google announced the new update of Gmail. A fresh new look and smart new features are coming in this new update. Gmail is getting updated to a new modern UI (material design) and will have AI-powered smart features such as ‘Smart Compose‘. The new features include snooze emails, confidential mode, smart replies, smart compose, and more. So, let’s see how to get these features right now:
- Log into your Gmail account from your PC.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and select ‘Try the new Gmail‘ option.
- Your Gmail will immediately be upgraded to a new look. In case you don’t like the new UI, you can roll back anytime by following the same steps.
2. Smart Compose
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and tap on ‘Settings‘.
- Under the General tab, scroll down to the ‘Experimental Access’ section and tick the ‘Enable Experimental Access‘ option.
- Click ‘Save‘ at the bottom of the page.
3. Confidential Mode
- Click on the Compose button and write the email as usual.
- Now click on the Lock icon (as shown below).
- Then, set expiration date and choose whether the recipient should require a passcode to open the email. Click Save.
- The color of the compose box will turn blue and you’ll see the expiration date of the mail at the bottom. You can change the settings by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button. Or, you can turn off the confidential mode by clicking the Cross (X) button.
- When you click on ‘Send‘, you’ll see a Missing Information box (if you have chosen Require Passcode option earlier). Here, enter the recipient’s phone number and click on ‘Send’ again.