Today, we’re going to list out the top 4 best android apps that’s capable of monitoring your data usage and internet speed which can also be able to display the data usage on the status bar.
We all love android, they’re the best in all ramifications and thus 80% of people’s on earth uses an android phone. Now the big disadvantage you might say android has as a new android phone user is that it consume tremendous number of data and thus making us to spend more on buying megabytes.
At the early age when I got my first android phone after been a symbian user for years, I noticed how my newly android device drains my data subscription in an irritating manner, it was a huge disappointed but was worth it because I later got used to it.
Now Internet speed and data usage apps can perform lots of functions on your android phone, if you’re using some of the latest phone models now, you will notice that most of them have internet speed and data usage apps built into them. They helps a lot and comes in handy for monitoring your data usage and internet speed readings thus gives you clue on which apps installed on your android phone drains data faster.
After series of research, we bench marked the best internet speed and data usage apps for android phones and they’re highly recommended for you. If you want to save more data and monitor your data usage, then you should read the below recommended android apps.
1. Internet Speed Meter Lite
Internet speed meter lite is a simple and convenient tool that keeps track of your internet speed and data usage, it displays your internet speed on the status bar and shows the amount of data used in notification pane. This helps you to monitor network connection anytime while using your device. Also internet speed meter lite has been downloaded from the Google play store by over 10 million peoples. Below are the features of internet speed meter lite…
Features Of Internet Speed Meter Lite
- Real time speed update in status bar and notification.
- Daily traffic usage in notification.
- Separate stats for Mobile network and WiFi network.
- Monitors your traffic data for the last 30 days.
- Battery efficient.
2. Data Usage Monitor
Data usage monitor is a user friendly app for your android phone that helps you manage your data usage. It also helps you to accurately measure your daily data traffic, and analyze the data in a way that’s easy to understand. It pops up warning when you’re reaching the data traffic limit, which protects you from data overuse. Also data usage monitor has been downloaded from the Google play store by over 1 million peoples. Below are the features of data usage monitor…
Features Of Data Usage Monitor
- Ability to automatically measure data traffic once you Launch the app.
- You can fix the baud rate meter anywhere you want.
- Easy to read statistics interface
- It measures precisely the data usage of your smart phone.
3. Internet Speed Meter
Internet speed meter is the Pro version of internet speed meter lite, unlike its predecessor, it comes in a very grand style with the ability to take charge and customize the color of the UI. Just like internet speed meter lite, it displays your internet speed in status bar and shows the amount of data used in notification pane. This helps you to monitor network connection anytime while using your device. The best part of the pro version of internet speed meter is that a notification appears only when you are connected to internet, gives you and option to change priority of notification and also hide the notification when connection is idle for specific amount of time. Also internet speed meter has been downloaded from the Google play store by over 10 thousand peoples. Below are the features of internet speed meter…
Features Of Internet Speed Meter
- Graph to monitor last minute internet activity
- Time and usage of current session
- Monitor Today’s app usage for mobile and wifi
- Realtime speed of running applications
- Ability to manually select the color of UI.
- Option to choose between blue or white status bar icon. (only for KitKat and below versions of Android)
- Option to show upload and download speed in separate notifications.
4. My Data Manager-Data Usage
My data manager is one of the best android app that helps you take control of your mobile data usage and save money on your monthly phone bill. This app includes plan matcher, which keeps tabs on mobile plans from dozens of carriers and automatically recommends the best ones based on your usage history. Also my data manager has been downloaded from the Google play store by over 5 million peoples. Below are the features of my data usage monitor…
Features Of My Data Manager
- Monitors how many call minutes or text messages you have left.
- Set custom usage alarms to avoid overage charges and bill shock.
- Tracks and knows what apps are using the most data.
- Monitor your data usage on mobile, Wifi and roaming.
- Manages data across multiple devices.
- Track data usage across everyone in your shared or family plan.
You can install any of the above listed Apps and be able to manage and track your data usage. Also you will be able to see which apps are using the most cellular data. They’re all incredibly convenient and fast thus giving you a great job and making sure the limit your data usage. All the above mentioned Apps has a precaution, don’t move them to your SD card or the monitoring services will be disrupted in some cases.