But, is it so? Have you ever achieved this much speed with your Pen drive? These speeds are the maximum speed that has been achieved under certain conditions and tested in laboratories. Many times our USB drives perform very slow and the data transfer speed drops to kbps and this is really frustrating. So, we have listed down some of the methods by which you can boost your Pen drive Pen drive/USB Data Transfer Speed significantly.
#1. Modifying FAT of your Device
- Plug your Device to your Computer. Open My Computer/ This PC, right click on your USB Drive and click on Format.
- Select NTFS File system from the drop-down list and format the device.
#2. Set USB Device for Better Performance
- Right Click on your USB device in the My Computer/ This PC and click on Properties.
- Navigate through various tabs and click on Hardware.
- Select your device from the list and click on Properties.
- A new dialog box will appear. Click on Change Properties in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate through the different tabs and click on Policies.
- Select Better Performance in the Removal Policy and apply the settings by clicking Ok.
- That all. Now you can see improved data transfer speeds on your USB Drive.