In today’s world, Privacy is a major concern among computer Users. With increasing Cyber Attacks, it has become important to take necessary steps to safeguard our Privacy. Data leaks from Personnel Computers is very common as people often leave their computer unattended while taking a break. You might have come across a situation when you have left your PC unlocked and now you are worried that someone may peek into your Device and your data may be leaked. Well, with recent Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft has addressed this issue and introduced a new feature called Dynamic Lock. So, without any further ado, let’s have a look at how you can Automatically Lock Windows PC using Dynamic Lock.
What is Dynamic Lock in Windows 10?
Dynamic lock is a security feature introduced by Microsoft by which you can lock your PC remotely if it is left unattended or unlocked. To use this feature, you need to connect your smartphone to your PC using Bluetooth Connection. After doing the basic setup, you can lock your Computer remotely simply by using your Smartphone. Although you can use any Bluetooth enabled device for this purpose, we recommend you to use your tphone as it has certain advantages over others.
Steps to Automatically Lock Windows PC using Dynamic Lock
- Before using the Dynamic Locking feature, you have to connect your Smartphone with your Computer using Bluetooth Connection. You can pair your device by clicking on Settings –> Devices –> Add Bluetooth or other Device.
- Open Settings of your Computer and click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-In Options at the left sidebar and Scroll Down until you see the Dynamic Lock Option.
- Click on the checkbox and Allow Windows to detect when you’re away and automatically lock the device.
- That’s all. Dynamic Lock will automatically lock your computer when you are away from your Computer.
Dynamic Lock makes use of your smartphone Bluetooth connectivity with your Computer to lock your PC. As long as your smartphone is connected to your Computer, your PC remains awake. When you go away from your PC, the Bluetooth connection gets disconnected which automatically locks your Computer. Presently, you can only lock your computer using Dynamic Lock feature. To unlock your PC, you need to do it in the traditional way by typing the password manually. We hope that Microsoft brings the unlock feature in the upcoming updates.
Note: This feature has been introduced in Windows 10 creators update, if you are running any previous versions of Windows 10, first update your Windows then continue with the Dynamic Locking process.
So, this was our post on How to Automatically Lock Windows PC using Dynamic Lock. Do comment down below and tell you what do you think about this cool feature from Microsoft. If you have any problems during the setup process, you may comment down below. We will be happy to help you.