POF is an interesting beast. The platform trades on the adage that there are plenty of fish in the sea, and when you ‘glimpse’ at their pond, you do be stunned at what it offers. We are obviously in an era of online dating where anyone can get trigger-happy with ending up with matches they do never message again. One such app that allows you to do so is POF (PlentyOfFish), the biggest dating network in the world that boasts of over 3 million daily active users and one billion pageviews per month with popularity across 7 countries in 11 languages.
POF for one thing have been around for a very long time. They were one of the first and original service that offered all of the features found in a paid dating site for free. And even when it was acquired by the Match group (owner of Tinder), they still maintained their reputation of been the best free online dating and matchmaking service for singles. Of course there are a ton of reasons why you may want to delete your POF account. Maybe you got tired of the platform and want to try other alternatives or you found a match that suits you. Whatever the reasons might be, here’s how to delete POF account.
Delete POF? There Are Two Options
As with every platform, POF allows its users to delete their accounts “without” hassles. For this, you have two options. You can choose either to get rid of your entire account profile permanently or hide it from other users. The latter comes in handy if you are having two minds about leaving the platform since it do stealth your profile so that people won’t see it. So without further ado, here’s how to delete your POF account or hide it temporarily.
Delete POF Account
So you finally made up your mind to ditch POF for good. Well it’s up to you. Plenty of fish is worth it in all “ramifications” but if you are still bent on leaving, then it’s wise to let you know that deleting your POF account is permanent and cannot be reinstated. Also note that any upgrades or subscriptions you made cannot be transferred to your new account. So let’s delete POF.
- The steps are pretty simple to execute. To quickly get this one going, fire up the web browser on your device and head over to https://www.pof.com/
- Once you are in, go ahead and log in to your account. Then use your mouse to click on the ‘Help‘ button at the top right corner of the screen.
- From here, select ‘Remove Profile‘ from the help menu that will appear at the left side of the screen.
- Now directly under the heading where it says “To remove your POF profile” click on the ‘here‘ hyperlink.
- Then from the next page, simply click on the link that says “CLICK Here” just after this text “to delete your account“.
- The next window will present forms that you’ll need to fill. So go ahead and enter necessary informations such as username, password and reason for leaving. Once done, click on the “Quit/Give Up/Delete Account” button
Alternatively, you can use this direct URL pof.com/deleteaccountb.aspx?helpmenu=1 to fasten things up. Once you’re through, your account will be deleted permanently and you’ll receive an email stating so.
Hide Your POF Profile
If you are looking to take a short break from POF, then you shouldn’t delete your entire account completely. For this, we recommend that you hide your profile for the time being, as this will only remove you from all searches around the site. So let’s show you how to hide your plenty of fish profile.
- To begin with, go to https://www.pof.com and sign in to your account.
- Now, click on “Edit Profile” followed by the “here” hyperlink that’s next to the text that says “To hide your profile from others, click ……”
Once done, your profile will no longer be visible to other users. You can unhide your profile anything you want by completing the steps all over again. That’s it.